(Organophospate, carbamat, organochlorine dan pyrethroid)
It is a test method for organochlorine and pyrethroid pesticide in vegetable, fruits and grain.
It uses TLC separation principle and test by chemical reaction and expose to UV at wavelength of 254 nm to creat colour, if there is organochlorine and pyrethroid pesticide grey , brown-black spot on the TLC sheet will ocur.
|1||Liquid extract (extraction)||1 bottle|
|2||Liquid GPO-4||1 bottle|
|3||Liquid GPO-5||1 bottle|
|4||Liquid GPO-TM 5.1||1 bottle|
Test Set and Equipment
Equipment in Box :
|1||TLC aluminium sheet||1 set|
|2||Bulb glass dropper (capillary tube)||1 pc|
|3||lastic dropper 3 ml||3 pc|
|4||Plastic dropper 1 ml||1 pc|
|5||Instruction manual||1 pc|
Additional Equipment Required :
- Water bath temperature at 48±2oC include sieve
- UV box (UV 254 nm)
- Bottle soaked sheet (TLC tank)
- Cups metal
- Bottle for sample and dropper
- Butcher knife for slicing sample
- Tweezers (forcept)
- Tray for placing TLC sheet
Test Solution Preparation
Drow 10 ml GPO-5 solution and 2 ml liquid volume GPO- TM 5.1 into the TLC tank. Shake well and let it sits for at least 30 minute before the test
- Sample preparation and Extraction
- Chop vegetables and fruits thoroughly. Put them into the bottle of approximately 5 grams or 4 lines on the bottle, in case of whole grains, use about 2.5 grams or 2 line on the bottle. Label every sample bottle
- Use a dropper to drow 5 ml of the extraction in to the sample bottle. Shake sturdily for 1 minute and let it sit for 5 minute
Use the plastic dropper to drow 1 ml of the clear extraction in 1.2 into the metal cup which is placed on the sieve. Leave the sievein the water bath at 48±2oC. Wait until liquid extract in a metal cup is almost all evaporated or is about 2 drops left
- TLC Aluminium Sheet Preparation
- Write the sample ID on the TLC aluminium sheet. Do not touch the TLC sheet directly with your hands.This will create grease on the sheet and interfere the test.
- Use a pencil to mark a spot in the middle of each column. This is the spot to drop the extraction. It is 1.5 cm measured from the bottom of the sheet.
- The highest level where the solution can move is 8.5 cm measured from the bottom of the sheet. Mark the level lightly with a pencil
- The remaining area from the marked level where the solution can move, write the sample and standard ID
- Use the capillary tube to draw the sample extraction in 2 (if the solution in the metal cup are dried, drop 2 drops of the extraction in to the cup). Drop all the extraction by touching the tip of the capillary tube to the marked extraction dropping spot on the TLC aluminium sheet. Raise the capillary up and wait until the dropper extraction dried. Repead about 4-6 times until the extraction runs out
- Take TLC aluminium sheet and dip in to the TLC tank. Lean into the side of the bottle and close the llid (DO not shake or move the bottle)
- When the solution moves to the specified level, open the lid and use the forcept to grip the TLC aluminium sheet. Place it on the side of the bottle and let it dry
- Colour Testing
- Spray the TLC alumunium sheet with GPO-4 with distance 4-5 inches until it soaks. Let it to dry (1 minute)
- Expose the TLC aluminium sheet with UV at the wavelength of 254 nm for 3-5 minute ( if expose to long, the sheet will be burn). If there is organochlorine and pyrethroid pesticide, it will turn grey, brown black. Read the color comparing result and Rf of the standart pesticides.
Positive found grey, brown-black spot on the TLC aluminium sheet. This shows that there is organochlorine and pyrethroid pesticide.
Negative no spot on the TLC aluminium sheet was found. This shows there is organochlorine and phyrethroid pesticide.
The Result Reading (OC &P)
|Listing standard||LOD (mg/kg)||Rf Standard|
Precaution of Storage
- Should testunder well-ventilated and far from heat or flash sources area.
- Every chemical are hazardous. Direct inhalation or skin contact should be avoited.
- Used solution, if contact with hands, wash immediately with water or if contact with eyes, irrigate with water and consult physician immediately.
- Do not place the set near children. And store in a well ventilated area.